Thursday, May 07, 2009

Goodbye Ruby Tuesday

OTTAWA–Liberal MP Ruby Dhalla is stepping down from her job as critic for youth and multiculturalism, as part of continuing fallout over alleged mistreatment of two nannies she employed – first reported in the Star this week.

"This morning I called the leader to personally tender my resignation as multiculturalism and youth critic in order to focus my attention on clearing my name," Dhalla said in a statement.

"I will work with the appropriate officials to ensure the facts of the matter are clarified and corrected regarding my family's experience with live-in caregivers and will work vigorously to defend my reputation. I am honoured to represent the people of Brampton-Springdale and I will continue to do so. My constituents remain my first priority."


Hopefully there's nothing to this...

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Hey that's not fair. Everyone knows she is high maintenance and loves to be front & center, but stealing Iggy's coronation afterglow is just downright mean

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:28 p.m.  

  • Over rated and over exposed!

    By Blogger JimTan, at 12:42 p.m.  

  • underexposed IMO... I would like to probe her

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:49 p.m.  

  • The problem with partisan braying is that it always comes back to bite you in the ass. Remember Svend and the ring? Looks good on Ruby.

    By Blogger nuna d. above, at 2:32 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home