Friday, January 13, 2006

Unprecedented Insight

After the "Duffy versus Duffy" incident, and John Duffy's seconding of Scott Reid's beer and popcorn remarks, my mind wandered back to a post Paul Wells wrote at the start of the campaign:


I don't know anyone who dislikes John Duffy, although having said that I suspect I'm now going to hear from them. Still, I usually take everything the dapper Torontonian writes as a challenge and diligently pick it apart. That's harder today, with his excellent piece in the National Post, than it usually is. John gives the best possible case for utter Liberal dominance lo unto the end of days, in what reads suspiciously like the chapter outline for the next, expanded edition of Fights of Our Lives.

Basically his argument is: if you don't vote Liberal, it will be bad. He writes it all fancy though.

Forty some days later, I'm left with these two thoughts:

1. I suspect there are probably a few people out there who have soured on John Duffy.

2. I'm really really looking forward to the next chapter of Fights of Our Lives.

4 Comments:

  • "best possible case for utter Liberal dominance lo unto the end of days"

    "He writes it all fancy though"

    That's gotta hurt.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:57 p.m.  

  • What will he call the Liberal strategy employed in this campaign, the double- tribal-crapshaw?

    By Blogger Jeff, at 1:38 p.m.  

  • I can't figure out why anyone would like this guy. I'm going to have to page through Fights of Our Lives, but I think him going "Miiiiiiiichaaaaael" will still be echoing through my head.

    Also, I don't know who all spotted Duffy making up with Duffy yesterday, but it involved plugging the book for a good five minutes, and then Whiny Duffy gave Big Duffy a signed copy, in this ridiculously pompous way. If I didn't have what principles I do have, I'd vote Tory just to annoy that guy. Guh.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:51 p.m.  

  • If any one contimplated buying John Duffy's book " The Fight of our Lives" would suggest they hold off til Jan 24th as l hear Wal-Mart has 500 copies at each store (on consignment) that will be going on sale at a "Roll Back Price) of .19 cents

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home