Monday, November 21, 2005

In the News

It's been a busy couple of days here with the Orchard tip making Bourque, and then Kinsella saying some nice things about this blog and linking to the Brison post. Of course, this creates some pressure to put up fresh content. I'm a little busy right now so I'll just throw up a few news stories, but tonight I'll be starting my election preview series by looking at the NDP.


1. Speaking of Brison, he's been forced to do the Pierre Pettigrew walk of shame and apologize for several false statements he's made about Stephen Harper over the past week.

2. I'm a little sad that Jean Lapierre wasn't the one sent out to make this statement, but I'm glad Paul is showing the guts to come down strongly on the side of the Clarity Act. It's about time. I'm also starting to suspect André Boisclair is going to be really fun to write about over the next few years. I'm talking "Jean Lapierre" or "Joe Volpe" fun here.

3. Here's a headline that the Conservatives will not be glad to see: "Klein, Harper discuss private health care". I tend to think "Stephen Harper eats cute baby" would hurt them less than a rehash of the "hidden Ralph Klein agenda" talk.

4. And just because I never say anything nice about him, this seems like a very nice gesture on Ralph Klein's part. And because it is such a nice gesture, I won't even comment on how to some it might look like a cynical political ploy.

5. Paul Wells comes up with another brilliant one-liner!


UPDATE: Here's another news story from "world of weird" file, if anyone is looking for a break from the political talk.

7 Comments:

  • You were just mentioned on Mike Duffy's show. Congrats!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:30 p.m.  

  • So when can we start calling the MP from East Hants Lyin' Scott?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:31 p.m.  

  • Anon; In what context?

    By Blogger calgarygrit, at 6:25 p.m.  

  • You were just mentioned on Mike Duffy's show. Congrats!

    Shush. Bart's head is big enough already.

    In what context?

    Something about Brison coming to kick your ass. ;-)

    It was just after he showed Brison apologizing in the house for the incorrect accusations he made against the NCC and Harper. Duffy went on to say something like, the bloggers have been all over Brison, in particular one that goes by the name of Calgary Grit.

    Check the CTV website. They usually have video of Duffy's show. It occurred within the first ten minutes or so.

    By Blogger Robert McClelland, at 6:28 p.m.  

  • "I tend to think 'Stephen Harper eats cute baby' would hurt them less."

    Well, that may be, but you'll never see that because the vast network of shadowy neocon overlords carefully delegates the duty of eating cute babies (along with other similar tasks, such as making a fur coat out of greyhound puppies, or clubbing seals for fun, or stealing candy from orphans) to an expendable group of underlings such as myself.

    By Blogger Jarrett, at 9:01 p.m.  

  • CTV: http://www.ctv.ca/canada

    Click on Mike Duffy Live and select the second clip: "Strategists discuss Brison's statements".

    Money quote: "He's also been hammered pretty heavily on the internet, these blogs. And there's someone, Melanie, who calls himself Calgary Grit - I guess there are a few there in Calgary - who has been quite vehement about going after Mr. Brison based on what he calls 'nasty and mean politics'."

    Way to go, CG. I don't even think SDA has managed that!

    TB
    Cerberus

    By Blogger Ted Betts, at 11:49 p.m.  

  • I wish I was a Liberal
    Who had a little blog
    I wish I was a Westerner
    And not a bloody frog
    I wish I was Scott Brison
    Who is obviously insane
    and not Belinda Stronach
    Who really is a pain
    And definitely not Paul Martin
    Who fears a Christmas election
    But maybe Jean Chretien
    Who has dat neat inflection

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home