Friday, October 07, 2005

Speaking of people who haven't won anything lately...

John Tory shows that his hockey instincts are as good as his political ones. The Leafs' chances of winning a cup this year are about as good as...well...John Tory's chances of becoming Premier.

(Queen’s Park) – Progressive Conservative Party Leader John Tory today said that Dalton McGuinty is showing questionable judgement once again by supporting the Ottawa Senators and applauding a prediction that they would win the Stanley Cup.“The Senators have won the Stanley Cup quite a few times in October,” said Tory. “While I hope the Stanley Cup champion is from Ontario, I’m rooting for the Leafs to come out on top.”Like many Ontarians, Tory will join family and friends tonight to watch the game at home and cheer on the Toronto Maple Leafs.“I am a lifelong Leafs fan and will continue to support my team tonight as they take on the Sens,” Tory said. “Even though critics view the Leafs as underdogs this year, I still like their chances. Most of all, I’m delighted that hockey is back.”

10 Comments:

  • Excuse me! The Leafs have grade A goaltending, a very competent defense core and outstanding forwards. They have an excellent shot at the cup this year. The Sens on the other hand, can't get by the Leafs in the playoffs and are one Hasek groin pull away from a desperate search for a second rate starting goaltender.

    By Blogger Robert McClelland, at 12:42 a.m.  

  • I'm not really a hockey fan, but frankly, I think John Tory has a decent chance of becoming premier. Just consider how unpopular McGuinty is. It's gonna take some fancy political work for McGuinty to win in 2007.

    By Blogger Ryan Ringer, at 3:04 a.m.  

  • What's all this uproar about Ottawa and Toronto?

    Nonsense. This is the year of the HABS!

    Go Habs Go!

    By Blogger Mike, at 10:31 a.m.  

  • So the love of our life is back eh? The bitch still pines for whats in the big house next door, eventhough the homeowner there has 5 or 6 other wenches that he loves more. Our unfaithful hag took a couple of crown jewels to give to neighbour, and put up a pathetic show of force of withdrawing her services that he didn't even notice. So when she decides to start playing again she comes back to our house to give us a tease, but is charging us more for the service. Meanwhile the faithful one, who we choose to abuse and give a once a year cuddle is thrown into the basement again.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:38 a.m.  

  • I am from Toronto and support the Leafs, but I don't think they can win. For the Sen's sake I hope they don't meet the Leafs in the playoffs, they could have won the last tourney if it wasn't for Toronto.

    And I agree with blue grit, even though I am a Liberal I will be voting for Tory in the next Ontario election, McGuinty plain lied.

    By Blogger mezba, at 3:16 p.m.  

  • Smells to me like a lighthearted press release that isn't supposed to be taken too seriously.

    It's a hockey rivalry. I say good on Tory for having some fun with it.

    By Blogger The Hack, at 3:21 p.m.  

  • Obviously it was tongue in cheek but I couldn't resist taking a few shots at both the Tories and Leafs at once.

    By Blogger calgarygrit, at 4:29 p.m.  

  • John Tory... Stop jinxing the leafs... stick to your argo's.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:22 p.m.  

  • I have been a conservative for over 20 years, we used to have good Tories running for office at one time. It seems now that the only Tories are the one's that don't win the Liberal nomination's.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:47 p.m.  

  • By Blogger jeje, at 11:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home