Friday, May 27, 2005

Buckets ‘O Links

I’m heading off to the Alberta Liberal Party convention (slogan: “Normal convention price, half the convention content!”) tonight and, since I’ve really been neglecting provincial politics of late, will be sure to post a recap tonight or tomorrow. Until then, here’s a whole wack of links to help pass the Friday:

-If you’re sick of Belinda Stronach, Judge Gomery, and Stephen Harper, here’s an issue that actually matters. The Blank Out Times have a series of very good posts on the state of the First Nations People in Canada. You can read them here, here, here, here and here.

This is all in response to what is happening to the Poundmakers. I must admit I don’t know a lot on the issue, but if you can see what’s going on here and here.

-Woah, woah, woah. Don’t tell me the Liberals started to clean up the Sponsorship file before “this Prime Minister” took office. That goes against everything I’ve been led to believe by the Merry Martin Mob.

-Oops

-I’m hesitant to put a lot of stock in this since the methodology on questions like this is a bit questionable and, more importantly, it contradicts everything I’ve been saying about the CPC roaring to victory if they replaced Harper with Lord or McKay. It’s still very interesting and very bad news for the Conservative Party.

-Speaking of bad news for the CPC, I really don’t think this deserved front page attention, but it certainly won’t help the “hidden agenda” talk. And here I thought Belinda would have swiped a copy of the Hidden Agenda from Tory headquarters before she defection – I guess the secret will remain.

-The funniest named blog out there has just been launched.

3 Comments:

  • Support for SSM marriage is at 70% in North Vancouver and this is the candidate the Conservatives have put in.

    http://www.fotf.ca/familyfacts/commentaries/070197.html

    By Blogger Koby, at 4:25 p.m.  

  • Have fun at the ALP convention. I wanted to go but I'm too broke and sick...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:35 a.m.  

  • I can hardly wait to hear from CalGrit if the provincial Libs have decided to back off on changing their name so as to not be assoicated with the word "Liberal"

    I still say if they do, they can call themselves the Alberta Progressives :)

    By Blogger Oxford County Liberals, at 1:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home